In five sessions, we discussed:
- benchmark projects – organizers of successful projects will share their expertise; and we will look at the current state of affairs of Tenso choirs
- the music – which music is suited for projects shared with amateurs? can – and should – we adapt music to that purpose? how can we stimulate composers to write more interesting music that is suitable for professional ánd amateur choirs?
- sharing the stage – what does it bring, and how does it work ? the practicalities; the set up; the coaching; the role of the professional singers; the framework (especially in the eyes of the outside world)
- managing – legal aspects, finances, publicity ; what do we – the professional choirs – hope to gain from collaborating with amateur choirs, and are these realistic expectations?
- contemporary music – how can we jointly work on contemporary music? improvisation, jeux vocaux, written notes; how can the professional choral world help amateur choirs choosing the right repertoire?
Moderators: Jacinta Wetzer (NL), Babette Greiner (Tenso)
List of participants TPM 2013 participants
Jacinta Wetzer (moderator) studied musicology at Utrecht University. Since 1988, she has been working as a producer and music director for Dutch classical music station Radio 4, with a special focus on choral music. She has participated in numerous festivals including the World Symposium on Choral Music in Rotterdam, Koorbiennale Haarlem, and Musica Sacra Maastricht.